In attesa di investitore professionale 5%
Startup innovativa - 30%
Homes4All is an innovative startup Benefit Corporation that offers private investors the opportunity to be part of a network and invest in real estate for social and territorial enhancement.
During its first year of activity, which has just ended, Homes4All has achieved important goals. In particular, it concluded some significant partnerships with companies and organizations, in order to expand the opportunities for both the beneficiaries and the community. Homes4All is launching a circular economy platform that allows people in need to meet those who are able to donate time, money or material goods. In addition, it completed the first real estate acquisitions.
From November 2020 to mid-December, Homes4All raised 400.000 Euros on LITA Italy, thanks to more than 70 investors from all over Italy supporting the startup's growth and becoming shareholders. The raised funds will be used to acquire real estate properties for helping families in housing emergency, to cover the costs of related restructuring, and to support the development of social accompaniment services.
This second equity crowdfunding campaign, similarly to the previous one, aims at raising funds to cover 2 main activities:
- increase real estate acquisitions with private capital and thus give access to housing to new families;
- cover the costs that are not directly covered by the experimentation phase supported by the Social innovation fund as well as the activities immediately preliminary to and subsequent to the period of coverage of the call with particular regard to the activity carried out by the real estate trading office which deals with the search for real estate opportunities for Homes4All or its partners; face charges related to social services provided by Homes4All after the insertion of the beneficiaries in the housing. In particular, the funds raised will contribute to the maintenance and growth of Solidali4All - a virtual platform for the circular economy that aims to bring together supply and demand in the world of solidarity - and to the development of social support services that keep account of the characteristics and specificities of the beneficiaries.
The company Homes4All has been established with the specific goal of acquiring and managing real estate properties. In addition, it is the operational vehicle set up to implement the impact project “Homes4All - the right to housing in Turin is renewed”. The impact project has been promoted by the City of Turin to tackle the housing emergency and it has obtained funding from the Italian presidency of the Council of Ministers, through the Social innovation fund.
Along with the City of Turin, the project “Homes4All - the right to housing in Turin is renewed” is promoted by the Turin Chamber of Commerce, Brainscapital s.r.l Benefit Corporation, Homers s.r.l Benefit Corporation and Acmos.
The City of Turin is the lead partner, beneficiary of the contribution of the Social innovation fund and responsible for the feasibility study and the application of the executive project to phase 2 of experimentation.
The Turin Chamber of Commerce is the public administration that has been selected for its skills in measuring and assessing the impact to be generated by the project.
Brainscapital is a management advisory company whose purpose is the accompaniment of both start-ups and entrepreneurial activities in search of a positive change in their growth process and the development of solutions for innovative projects.
Homers is a company, spin-off of the Politecnico di Torino. Its team is composed of architects, engineers, community builders and social real estate experts.
Torino Social Impact is the network of 100 companies, institutions, financial operators and third sector entities for social innovation in the city of Turin.
Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo is the entity deputed to evaluate the possibility of financing the project in order to allow the scalability of the model.
Acmos is an association born from several experiences of volunteering and social commitment, with a significant twenty-year experience in the field of social housing and inclusion.
The Italian Presidency of the Council of Ministers has granted to the project “Homes4All – the right to housing in Turin is renewed”, through the Social innovation fund, a funding of 150 thousand euros, corresponding to the first of three tranches that can be disbursed in a path that included three distinct phases of the project, for a total amount up to 1.6M euros, to structure capacity building actions that allow municipalities and metropolitan cities to experiment models of impact investing.
Indeed, the call subject to contribution is divided into 3 distinct phases and interventions, each of which has a duration of one year: ended in December 2020 the Intervention I - feasibility study, the City of Turin intends to nominate the project "Homes4All - in Turin the right to housing innovates" for Intervention II, which envisages the experimentation of the prototype of an innovative public private service in the field of social housing, outlined in the feasibility study, which when fully operational will be financed through impact finance instruments.
The year 2021 will see Homes4All committed to, on the one hand, increasing its real estate acquisitions and receiving properties under management from its partners and, on the other hand, including and accompanying the first 17 beneficiary families, reported by City of Turin, and further cultivating and expanding its network of social impact real estate investors. Finally, the medium/long term goal of Homes4All is the replicability of the project on a national scale: as we plan to test the scalability of the activity, by taking the Turin experience as a virtuous and effective solution to respond to the problem of housing emergency at national level through the structuring of an innovative service remunerated with impact finance instruments. Homes4All has already started the replicability tests: thanks to Get It! 2020-2021, an empowerment programme for start-ups launched by Fondazione Social Venture Giordano dell’Amore and Cariplo Factory, a first study on the replicability of Homes4All in Milan and Lombardy has been started at the Milanese incubator a|cube of Avanzi Srl.
Homes4All s.r.l. innovative startup and Benefit Corporation is the company name of the NewCo that has been set up for dealing with the management and acquisition of real estate properties.
The idea of Homes4All was born from a simple observation: the paths of full poverty often start from losing one’s home. It doesn’t matter if it comes from personal or entrepreneurial reasons: from the loss of the house onwards, the gravity of any previous situations increases until it becomes difficult to be reversed, with very high costs for people, families and the whole community.
Compared to the rest of Italy, it has been observed a higher average of evictions in the Municipality of Turin: 1 family every 241, a proportion that is near twice the national average (1 family every 419). In 2019, a total of 2.495 eviction notices were issued in relation to evictions for rent delinquency or for finished rental for housing properties. Compared to the previous year, an increase of 10% was reported. Evictions for rent delinquency represent 91% of the proceedings. In 2020, the sanitary emergency related to Coronavirus is affecting an already difficult situation: 6 out of 10 families declare to be in greater economic difficulty compared to the previous year and this condition will obviously impact on the national housing emergency.
Homes4All aims to intervene on this evident urgency, by:
1. Realizing a network of real estate private investors;
2. Identifying, for itself or for its partners, free or occupied property blocks, acquired by the real estate market or sold at judicial auctions*;
3. Proceeding with the refurbishment and valorization of properties in order to include them in the social rental channels and supporting tenants who are in a debt or fragile situation through assistance in over-indebtedness practices** and through personalized social accompaniment paths;
4. Activating and coordinating all territorial subsidies necessary to guarantee the housing rights and the economic renting support to the most vulnerable individuals.
*In addition, the acquisition of properties at auction, in some cases, will give the possibility of locating the accommodation directly to the evicted person. The latter will therefore not be forced to leave his house and at the same time will not have to search for accommodation in the private rental market or to request for temporary accommodation while waiting for a response from public channels.
**Furthermore, Homes4All aims to accompany and help people in distress to present the practices provided for by Law n.3 of 27/01/2012 so-called «Legge Sovraindebitamento».
This law, indeed, allows the debtor to access a procedure to facilitate the recovery of his debts by presenting a repayment plan, which is based on the actual availability and possibilities of the debtor and that allows, once approved by a Judge, to obtain the removal of the debt.
Homes4All promotes an innovative housing strategy, which makes it possible to tackle the situation of the housing emergency and, in addition, to encourage and stimulate urban regeneration. In fact, the business model of Homes4All involves the management of a package of properties partly acquired by the NewCo itself and partly assigned to it by third parties – partners of Homes4All. In the former situation, the aim is to create as much circulation of real estate properties as possible: therefore, once the properties are acquired, renovated and the beneficiary is identified, the intent is to bring back on the market, later, the requalified properties. First, they will be offered to the families themselves – even through a formula of rent to buy, secondly to the members of Homes4All and finally proposed on the real estate market. The aim of the NewCo is, therefore, to keep a package of about 50 properties as assets, to which are added the properties received under management.
Specifically, the functioning of Homes4All can be summarized in the following 3 main cases, as represented below:
H4A will generate revenues through the following activities:
- Rent of the purchased and refurbished real estate units at an affordable price;
- Cyclical reporting to its partner of real estate opportunities – in order to subsequently obtain them in management, against which fees are expected;
- Management of the properties entrusted to the NewCo by the third party;
- Resale of about 80% of the properties acquired over a period of 36 months: once the properties have been renovated, it is estimated that they can obtain an average capital gain per property of 40% compared to the original purchase value – renovation costs included;
- The object of the project financed by the Social innovation fund is a capacity building action by public administrations so that they define and adopt outcome contract tools that provide financial performance bonus paid by the public entity and / or other institutional investor to the achievement of predefined social impacts. These resources will constitute the revenue generated by Homes4All's social impact activity once the system, at the experimental stage, is fully operational, indicatively starting from the fourth year.
The funds raised will be used to acquire real estate properties for families in housing emergency, cover restructuring costs, support the activities closely related and the development of social support services.
Homes4All aims to have an effective impact on the housing emergency by:
- Strengthening the skills of the tenants involved in the removal of their debts;
- Building an innovative asset in the relationship between private and public investors;
- Reducing the impact on the reception services of the City of Turin.
Homes4All contributes to the achievement of five SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals):
- SDG 1: end poverty
- SDG 3: ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- SDG 4: ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all;
- SDG 8: promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all;
- SDG 11: make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe and sustainable.
(a 3 anni dalla raccolta fondi)
(a 3 anni dalla raccolta fondi)
Delibera AUCAP Homes4All
Business Plan Homes4All
Atto costitutivo Homes4All
Documento Informativo Homes4All
Visura Homes4All AGGIORNATA
Documento informativo Homes4All AGGIORNATO
Reasons to invest
Risks related to the investment
You must be logged in and have completed your profile to be able to ask a question.